If you’re an online entrepreneur or businessman who has often pondered whether Google Ads or SEO is the best way to grow your business and expand your online presence, you’re not alone. Many companies don’t know what strategy can give them the best results when planning their marketing campaigns.
In this blog post, we’ll look at the pros and cons of SEO and Google ads and discuss how they work to help you decide which strategy will be effective for your business.
What is Google Ads and How Does It Work?
Google Ads, previously Google Adwords, is an advertising platform marketers use to position their ads in Google products, Google Search Result Pages (SERPs), and thousands of websites in the AdWords program as publishers. It’s a pay-per-click (PPC) platform that helps marketers reach interested leads. PPC ads usually appear in search ads, local services ads, Google shopping ads, and display ads.
The PPC system makes Google Ads more cost-efficient than traditional advertising methods like newspaper ads, television, and radio, as you only pay when users click on your ad. The whole Google Ads system works like a big auction where marketers compete for available advertising places and bid for keywords they want to use for their ads.
If you want to utilize Google Ads to your advantage and its full potential, working with a PPC agency offers many benefits and can save you time.
- Lets you set hours you wish to show certain phrases or keywords.
- Get shown in the top 5 website results or the top of the first page.
- Creates custom remarketing lists to show display ads to.
- Lets you track leads or conversions.
- Drives customers to a specific landing page
- Might take time to find the right keywords to use.
- Can be costly over time compared to SEO.
- Not a long-term solution.
- Only uses 1 website or domain per account.
What is SEO and How Does It Work?
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, involves optimizing site conversions and improving a website’s visibility to search engines and its users through engaging content. This works best for people who want to bring in a consistent, steady flow of traffic over time to increase their brand awareness.
To achieve this, it’s essential to ensure your website is search engine friendly, fully responsive on various screen sizes, functional, fast, and has unique content that offers a comfortable experience to end users. Investing in SEO can be rewarding if you’re a marketer with enough time and is willing to play the long game. Hiring professional SEO agencies like Torapath Digital Marketing can help your business grow even more and give you an edge over competitors.
- No need to pay for clicks.
- Provides organic traffic, resulting in lower abandonment rates.
- Google and search engines favor optimized websites.
- It’s an effective long-term solution for higher Google ranking.
- May take three to six months of work to see improvements in ranking.
- Requires time and long-term investment.
- You may not often see immediate returns or results, unlike Google Ads.
- Ongoing efforts are needed to maintain higher rankings.
With the information we’ve provided, you may see that Google Ads and SEO differ quite a bit and offer different benefits for specific types of campaigns. These marketing strategies are not competitors but powerful tools you can utilize in your digital marketing arsenal. Google Ads may look promising if you want fast traffic. However, you’ll need SEO for sustainable and long-term online success.